Job Offer Details
Number of openings: 1
Position starting date: As soon as possible
Employment status: Permanent
Work schedule: 37.5h Full time
Work shift: Week days
The analyst programmer – Platform analyses and develops new technology concepts that have been selected by the project management service or the company. The person supports and maintains existing solutions and improves them in order to increase the capacity of the available platforms. The analyst programmer must have a broad range of knowledge to be able to face various challenges.
- Contribute to the evaluation of different scenarios while developing technological solutions.
- Create and document the technical architecture.
- Partake in task mapping at the beginning of a project in order to generate delivery estimates.
- Act as a technical reference platform specialist when requested by colleagues and during escalation of incidents in the field.
Work closely with the production teams in order to properly identify their needs and meet these needs.
- Contribute to the department’s documentation while following the existing guidelines.
- Answer the production teams’ requests and make sure they are addressed during follow up meetings. Examples:
- Correction requests made after noticing specific limitations of the platform’s capacities.
- Improvement suggestions made to increase productivity.
- Actively monitor correction requests, which are assigned to the person, in the management system and make the corrections.
- Must be proactive with respect to corrections by indicating the appropriate status in the most detailed manner when the correction cannot be reproduced or if further information is required.
- Conduct research, evaluate and test new technologies, and determine the procedure to implement them.
- Provide active support pertaining to the platform (assisting in person).
- Participate in any other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in informatics or diploma of college studies (DEC).
- Five (5) years of experience in a similar position.
- Professional or personal experience in the video game field.
- Good communication skills
- Analytical skills and synthesis
- Open-mindedness and good learning ability.
- Analysis and systems design knowledge is required.
- Proficiency with C/C++ language is required.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio is an asset.
- Knowledge of the development of pilots (peripherals, video boards) is an asset.
- Knowledge of video game development tools, such as Unity, Unreal, and so on is an asset.
- Knowledge of Linux, GCC and Eclipse is an asset.